Monday, June 25, 2007

Me....On the Threshold of Adulthood

First Experience of life outside Controlled Environment:

Upon Completion of My 10 std, I was all set to Join Diploma in Auto Engg. We faced a new Problem in the form of a new rule by the Directorate of Tech Education in Karnataka. It specified the joining age of 17 years & above, mandatory to seek Admission into Automobile engg .

Though there were vacant seats at SJ Polytechnic, this rule disqualified me from getting into the same.

Failure? Take the next best route out

This forced me to get on with Pre-University, much to my disliking. I was admitted into one of the best Pre-university college's in the City those years "The National College, Basavanagudi". The College had an amazing track record of churning out Who's Who of Many Industries with PU & Degree Rank holders Every year.

A college like this, I Thought :Was no place for a Silly boy like me." I was never ever interested Studying any thing there.

So I started off as "A reluctant student" at National College. The huge classical Classrooms were a shift to Vintage college era, from the compact comparatively smaller rooms in the high school.

The Photography club exposed me to Practical Photography, NCC took me on camps which were non existant in the school also met up with many classmates from my primary school with whom during the High School days I had lost touch.

All in all the Friends circle with whom I prefered to identify myself , made Negative impression with the Principal . I was Summoned to his chambers on many occasions & once had to take my father along too.

Learning the Art :

The Art of Bunking , Quite walk outs from class rooms, Movies, Adjusting Attendance, Proxy Attendance, Renting Big Brothers & Uncles etc , All courtesy National College.

All in all I enjoyed my stay there.
Phew!! Fianlly the wait was over:

Two years studying PUC, were more like "have to complete for the sake of completion". I refused to take up the Entrance test (As CET was known in those years) & for sure wanted to get into Diploma in some way or the other.


No comments: