Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Me ..... 2

A Non Conformist:

My Grand Father Dr. Venkata Ramaiah (Eldest Son of Shyamappa) was a Rebel & a non conformist to the core. He rejected all the Three traditional Family professions to take up Medical course & went on to become a Successful Doctor with a good practise .

Most of his prime time was spent in a Small town called Chikkaballapur, which is about 65 kms from Bangalore. This Rebel had an Engineer inside him & always loved to Tinker around with his Cars & house hold equipments. A strict Disciplinarian, his obsession with the Two C's were very prouncounced.

1. Cars

2. Camera's

After the Birth of My father (His Second & last child ,only Son), My grand father who had been through life at large started to relate himself & future generations with the Theory of Heredity . There was a WHAT IF question in his mind which was the turning point which changed the entire out look of our family.

He realised that My father was intelligent,Practical. While pondering on the next generation with the same question, he realised that it was unpredictable & decided to create a system which could generate income for generations even if the same was un/undereducated.

The First Profession that came to his mind was that of a Mechanic (he had seen his father Tinker around on Cars, Tractors, Truck etc though not very educated). This Prompted him to get in touch with his roots again & get the next gen connected to their roots.

By this time My Great grand father & his nephew had run out of steam & Govt policy on Import of vehicles slowed their business out. Their succession was not in place as they had failed to plan & groom the same. This prompted the Adventurers to log out of their business by selling their Lock, Stock & barrel.

My Great Grand Father (Shyamappa) returned home at his village & restarted his farming. The Teacher in him was yet to retire. He decided to educate the younger generation. He took to teaching his grand children during the week ends when they came to the village.

As events took a turn, Shyamappa started to get a few age related aliments & was forced to camp at my Grand fathers town quite often for his Medical treatment. Seizing this opprotunity, My grand father started to making him to look at the preventive maintainance of his car , during every visit. At the Same juncture, my Father(8 years of Age) was posted with Shyamappa as his permanent unpaid assitant. These Session with my Great Grand Father Taught was a great learing Experience to my father & Shyamappa Succesfully planted the Seed of Automotive obsession in my father's heart. As per My father's words, I understand he'd wait eagerly for his mentor either to come in or go to meet him & get the Adventure spirit to experiment with machines.

This Smart move by my grand father changed ourlives entirely.

Six Years later when my Father finished his 10th std, His Obvious one course choice of Education was to get a Diploma in Automobile Engg.

No comments: